T style drain valve for Rheem water heater

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Joe V, Mar 8, 2021.

  1. Joe V

    Joe V New Member

    Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX
    I have 9 yr old Rheem water heater at a rental property and I am trying to add hot water recirculation pump to it. I am thinking of connecting the pump to return line and the output of pump to drain valve.
    I am trying to find a drain valve that has T style outputs with one of them having a ball/gate valve to turn flow on/off.
    Wondering if you can point me to a part?
    Couldn't find any from Google results.

    Thanks experts!
  2. Reach4

    Reach4 Well-Known Member

    Sep 25, 2013
    The drain valve will use 3/4 NTP thread. So you can use regular nipples and tees to do what you want. Avoid galvanized, because galvanized rusts.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: style drain
Forum Title Date
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Leaking tank style gas water heater Jan 24, 2019
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Water heater continuously running and water pouring out relief valve drain line Jan 28, 2021
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Want to put low boy water heater on drain pan on foam pad Jan 25, 2021
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Is my water heater drain clogged? Sep 4, 2020
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Drain Water heater for extended period Aug 30, 2020

Share This Page