Super S media tank connection may be broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Thompson

Reaction score
We had a low flow issue in the whole house. It was not a filter problem. The bypass was plugged on our Culligan Super S.
A plumber removed the entire top assembly, cleaned the bypass and full flow was restored. He left leaving the valve in bypass.

I started to transfer the valve and water shot out on the top of the media tank.
I don't know if it's now just disconnected or broken.
I can't find a picture of the connections to the nipples on the top of the tank or the connectors on the bottom of the unit. How is it assembled/disassembled? I think the leak is on the outlet side of the tank. Thanks, Mike

Reach4

Reaction score
I can't find a picture of the connections to the nipples on the top of the tank or the connectors on the bottom of the unit.
Ask a friend with a camera to take a picture of where the water is coming out.

Mike Thompson

Reaction score
Ask a friend with a camera to take a picture of where the water is coming out.
I will get another picture, this was taken while the assembly was off being cleaned. The leak is now at the top of the nipple on the left side of the photo.

Attachments

• Left one.JPG
    Left one.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 243

Reach4

Reaction score
Nipple? I don't recognize a nipple.
img_4.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks