Sump bin Perforated vs Non Perforated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kubstix

Reaction score
Having my entire garage slab demoed and repoured for various reasons. Long story shot, my slab is cracked straight through 4-5 feet in from my garage due to water issues (will be corrected as well). Garage drain is concreted shut by previous owner because of either being clogged (just drains into rock) or water could of been coming up from underneath we have no idea. Sewage basin in garage that basement bathroom runs into is cast iron and still holding water but may not in another 10 years who knows. So I am going to have that ripped out while concrete is up and replaced with a plastic basin. I have no where to drain a new garage drain except a sump pump. So I have been telling GC's/Concrete people that I want a floor drain under each car stall to drain into the sump. My question is, what is the difference between a perforated basin and non perforated? I mean I understand the concept of letting water underneath the slab into the basin in order to be ejected outside of the house, but is this needed in my situation? Any drawbacks of getting one vs getting a sealed one? Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks