Suggestion for no-stop couplings?

Users who are viewing this thread

DTAZ

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for keeping no-stop copper couplings from seizing up on pipe? I find that I can get them to move easily when checking fit but then they seize up after applying flux and sliding them onto one of the pipes to be joined. I can't get them to slide back onto the other half of my connection without great effort and frustration. Is the flux the problem? Thanks in advance.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, that's odd: one would suppose the flux would act like a lubricant. Is your flux contaminated with grit of some kind?
There are wrenches available that will grab circular objects like that very nicely, and with a minimum of force. Knipex brand.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I do them like I do slip sharkbites. Choke the jaws of a crescent wrench down on the pipe. Loosen it slightly. Use the wrench like a two legged hammer to tap the fitting into position. It will hit evenly on either side of the fitting done right.

DTAZ

Reaction score
I do them like I do slip sharkbites. Choke the jaws of a crescent wrench down on the pipe. Loosen it slightly. Use the wrench like a two legged hammer to tap the fitting into position. It will hit evenly on either side of the fitting done right.
That was a good suggestion. Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks