Strange idea...for bathroom shutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Rudy

Reaction score
I am renovating my childhood house and part of that is eliminating a bedroom and making it into a bathroom and a ensuite. I will be running pex but don't feel the need for a full blown manifold system with 6 cold valves and 4 hot valves.

My strange thought is to put one dual washing machine valve for each bathroom. By flipping one lever, I would completely shut the water off to that bathroom, both hot and cold.

Is this stupid?

Scott

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It may not be stupid, but certainly unconventional and impractical.

Just do what plumbers have been doing for 100s of years.

If you want to shut the water to a specific bathroom, use the angle stops.

Reaction score
Something I noticed in traveling in Germany is that each bathroom in every hotel room I stayed in has hot and cold shut off valves for the whole room. They are mounted in the wall and look kind of like shower valves.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A full-port ball valve would be viable. Since most of those aren't all that pretty, an access panel might be useful. The WM shutoffs I've seen add a fair amount of restriction and can add some noise. WIth pex, it may not be a great choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks