Still wigged out and have another question about the Toto Aquia II

Users who are viewing this thread

dcgardener

Reaction score
Okay, I have been interviewing plumbers to do my fixture installation, and two of them have raised this point about the Aquia II — that there should be 8 inches from the water supply to the flange?

Is that true? If it is, then Lord help me, because I only have 6 inches. I don't know who to believe any more. The plumber who just told me this says he installs a lot of Totos.

I think I'm seeing a Caroma in my future (as long as it'll fit the space).

Kate

Last edited:

Firemark

Reaction score
Does the water supply line come out of the wall? if so, how high off the finished floor. The drawings in the Total installation guide show there should be enough clearance if it's no more than 6 inches off the floor.

If up from the floor, 6 inches from the center of the flange shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure the supply line is connected to the Tank before it is mounted to the bowl since the room behind the bowl is a tight space.

Whether your plumber says he installs lots of Totos, it sounds like you need to find a less stress inducing one.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 8" is recommended so that there is a straight line from the supply shutoff to the inlet on the bottom of the tank. It should work just fine even if it isn't a straight line. I think you are borrowing trouble. As we suggested in your early question, get a plumber that can read and isn't stuck on "the way we always install toilets".

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
The aquia is a skirted toilet. All skirted toilets require different rough-in measurements for the shutoff valve. The detailed spec sheets provided by Toto tell you exactly what needs to be done, so find a plumber who is experienced as the rough-in of your current toilet will have to be moved! Either that, or you go for a standard model like a Drake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks