Sterling Vikrell Nail to Stud Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben1984

Reaction score
Hello! First-timer doing a shower install, it's a Sterling Vikrell shower pan and liner. Hoping for some guidance. The flange along the sides of the liner have little dimples where the material is thinner, this is where they recommend nailing/screwing to the studs. This is a 39" unit replacing a 38" unit, and the studs are short by about a half inch. The dimples are pretty close to the edge of the flange, and the flange is a few inches wide, so if i could nail it down a half inch closer than where the dimples are along the sides, i wouldn't need to add studs which would simplify things and result in less drywall work.

Do you think it's safe to drill through this material a bit closer in along the side flanges, and if so, what type of drill bit would you recommend? Or, should i remove more drywall, add studs next to the existing ones, and use the manufactured flange dimples?

Thank you in advance for your expertise!

Ben

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks