Squealing 3/4" washing machine hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I notice that when water is being filled into my washing machine there is a high pitched squealing. The kind you get when there is restriction in the flow. My Washing machine hoses are one year old but I feel like ever since I installed them this has been the case. My hot and cold shut off valves are fully open so it could maybe some restriction inside the machine? But my hope is that buying another pair of hoses will solve this. There are so many on the market and maybe the ones I got have a smaller ID? Or were crap?
Not sure if anyone has dealt with this or have any suggestions. All I can think if is to swap out the hoses and see if that works?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Try unscrewing them from the WM and running water into a bucket to see if it makes noise.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
some hoses the braided are a small ID,
Good Advice above check screens, try in bucket maybe?
I paid way too much for my hoses from lowes when relocating my washer and wanted to get it done but they had some very impressive heavey hoses.
could be inside machine the problem

Reaction score
OK, I will try these troubleshooting suggestions, thank your for the input. I don't recall seeing screens in the hoses, but I also don't recall looking.

Reaction score
Yes the screens are inside my WM on my LG model, So before I pull everything out I am just going to get new screens and new hoses, then dive into this project for 30$. After your help on this thread, I am willing to bet that the screens are blocked. If I am going to check them, I feel I should just replace the screens and the hoses so it is done and done. This machine was a pretty penny and one of our first purchases, so what ever I can do to keep it happy I will gladly do. Thanks for your help.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The screens get blocked due to debris in the water either from a well or galvanized pipes rusting away on the inside. Many California homes, especially the ones over forty years old are galvanized pipe. It is possible that inside one hoses has collapsed but doubtful after one year. Can you tell if it is both when the hot water is running or the cold water? Could be both.

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the screens are catching debris I like to add extra filter washers (the official name) at the top because the can be cleaned or replaced without moving the machine around.

Reaction score
If the screens are catching debris I like to add extra filter washers (the official name) at the top because the can be cleaned or replaced without moving the machine around.
"At the top?" I am not sure what that means, these are front loader machines that slide under a cabinet, so they are not accessible unless fully pulled out of their cubby so I an crawl around the back to the valves and hoses.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What he was referring to, is to put one at the valve end of the hose. Often, that can be accessed without moving the washing machine, whereas, if there's one on the inlet to the WM, you can't reach that without pulling it. Front loaders are HEAVY, and a pain to move.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Usually washing machine hoses will have a set of screened washers at the faucet connection and the manufacture will have at the hose connection. If it is just the hot water it suggest that your water heater could be full of mineral deposits.

Reach4

Reaction score
"At the top?" I am not sure what that means, these are front loader machines that slide under a cabinet, so they are not accessible unless fully pulled out of their cubby so I an crawl around the back to the valves and hoses.
danco-repair-clamps-80070-64_145.jpg
Instead of the regular washer on the hose where screwed to the stop valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks