Sprinkler Zone Always Turns On

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Allen Mitchell, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Allen Mitchell

Allen Mitchell New Member

I had several zones not working and I replaced my controller box. It is a Rainbird. I tested a solenoid and determined it was bad and replaced it. When I did, that zone always turns on now whenever I activate the system. When I turn the controller off, it turns the zone off. To troubleshoot, I disconnected all the zones wires and only connected the "Master Valve" and "Common" wires. If I manually set any zone to water, that zone comes on. Any Ideas? IMG_2352.jpg

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida When the wife won't let you get a Harley!

Retired
    Do not connect it to the master valve. Connect it to terminals 1-12. The master valve is used for systems with an irrigation pump or master valve.

There will always be power to this connection while the controller is in the run mode. When an irrigation pump is used it operates a relay to turn on the pump. When a master valve is used it opens the valve to allow a city water to flow. When off or closed the "city water pressure" is on this one valve instead on every zone valve when the system is not running.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement