Sprinkler Zone Always Turns On

Users who are viewing this thread

Allen Mitchell

Reaction score
I had several zones not working and I replaced my controller box. It is a Rainbird. I tested a solenoid and determined it was bad and replaced it. When I did, that zone always turns on now whenever I activate the system. When I turn the controller off, it turns the zone off. To troubleshoot, I disconnected all the zones wires and only connected the "Master Valve" and "Common" wires. If I manually set any zone to water, that zone comes on. Any Ideas?
IMG_2352.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Do not connect it to the master valve. Connect it to terminals 1-12. The master valve is used for systems with an irrigation pump or master valve.

There will always be power to this connection while the controller is in the run mode. When an irrigation pump is used it operates a relay to turn on the pump. When a master valve is used it opens the valve to allow a city water to flow. When off or closed the "city water pressure" is on this one valve instead on every zone valve when the system is not running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks