Sprinkler system won't start

Users who are viewing this thread

markajordan

Reaction score
Hi I have a Rainbird sprinkler system and due to water restrictions where I live have not operated it the past year. I went to start it yesterday as I just overseeded my lawn and the battery was dead. I replaced the battery and tried to operate the sprinklers using the automatic start feature which has always worked in the past but got no pressure/ water coming out. Any ideas on how to restart? thanks

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You will probably have to reprogram the timer.

Follow the instructions :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
timer

What kind of controller is it? Is it something on the valve itself? If not, then the timer is probably an electric one with battery backup and the battery only holds the programming, it cannot operate the valves.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One simple check is to make sure the ground wire is intact and connected. Since the ground is usually daisy chained from the controller to each valve, if the wire has come loose before reaching the first zone, the whole system ground would be lost. May not be the problems, but quick and easy to check.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks