Softener valve to PEX connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Theant

Reaction score
My water softener valve has these big black threaded connectors with o-rings on the inside. I'm not sure what they are called. There's a small piece that goes from that to 3/4" PVC. Can anyone link me to a similar part that goes from the threaded/o-ring side straight to PEX?

Thanks,
Anthony

Attachments

• water-softener-valve-connection--IMG_3571-small.jpg
    water-softener-valve-connection--IMG_3571-small.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 215

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
My water softener valve has these big black threaded connectors with o-rings on the inside. I'm not sure what they are called. There's a small piece that goes from that to 3/4" PVC. Can anyone link me to a similar part that goes from the threaded/o-ring side straight to PEX?

Thanks,
Anthony
Looks like a Clack WS1 bypass. Clack sells various installation fittings that you can select from, and in different sizes. Im not aware of a "PEX" one, and remember there are two major types of pex terminations. Expansion (uphonor) and Crimp/clamp, so if you do find a native pex one make sure you get the right type that works with the pex you're using.

There is a installation fitting for Clack that has a 3/4" sharbite on the end, this should work fine with PEX if desired:

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/clack-ws1-v3007-12-fitting-3-4-brass-sharkbite-assembly

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
John Guest and Sharkbite are basically the same connection style, they are even the same company now. Just brass vs/plastic.

Theant

Reaction score
John Guest and Sharkbite are basically the same connection style, they are even the same company now. Just brass vs/plastic.

I can put PEX into a Sharkbite fitting. Can I do that with John Guest?

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
I can put PEX into a Sharkbite fitting. Can I do that with John Guest?

Yes you can. I like sharkbites better, but agree with Dittohead that if you piping is coming from above or below, the 90 degree is the only way to fly.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You can add the 90 degree kit as well to the sharkbites. I barely stock the sharkbites anymore, the majority of customers prefer the JG elbows, so much easier to install than the straight fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks