Sizing new water system

Users who are viewing this thread

Jose4291

Reaction score
I currently have no running water but plan to install a 600 gallon in ground water tank next summer. My fresh water pump has 1/2" fittings and my tankless hot water heater has 3/4" fittings, the runs will be very short from supply to water heater, kitchen sink and shower, no greater than 20', my home is 600 sq. ft. I will have a very small radiant floor heating loop to protect the water tank from freezing during the winter. Do I size my water system pex pipe by the water pump connections (1/2 inch) or my V65IP Rinnai hot water heater (3/4 inch)? In other words, do I use 1/2" pex for connections and bush up for the water heater or use 3/4" pex for connections and reduce at the water pump?

Mliu

Reaction score
A water supply pump with only 1/2" fittings? That pump is going to be severely underpowered, even for just a kitchen sink. I doubt you could run a shower. I think you may be using a water recirculation pump.

You should post the specs on your pump.

Btw, what is the source of water for filling your 600g tank?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
3/4 inch pex. That can still be used after you get the new cistern tank and the new pressure pump.

Jose4291

Reaction score
The pump I have purchased is the Aquatec 5513-1Eo1-B606, 6 gpm@60 psi, 115 vac Superflow delivery/demand pump.
with 1/2" fpt fittings. The tankless water heater is a Rinnai V65ip, 6.5 gpm, 150,000 btu, with minimum water pressure of 20 psi and recommended water pressure of 30-80 psi. Pump will be located under the hot water heater, holding tank will be located approximately 20 feet away from pump, shower connections will be less than 6 feet away and kitchen sink less than 10 feet away. My next door neighbor has a good deep well 35 feet lower and 75 feet in distance from my storage tank, I'll have to purchase a gasoline engine transfer pump, most likely a Honda WX10 or WX15 and probably will filter the water before the reservoir with coconut activated charcoal. I may have to also get a pressure tank because of the small heating loop planned for the floor of the water tank enclosure and using a temperature controlled circulation pump, probably a Grundfos Alpha 1.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks