Sink rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

tethys

Reaction score
I don't know why I am just now noticing this... perhaps I just never paid attention before. But as I go through a current bathroom remodel, I see that sometimes the sink drain rough-in (horizontal) comes straight through the wall using a long sweep 90, and in other cases it seems to have been plumbed with a straight 45 that exits the wall at that angle.

Any reason why I should prefer one approach over another? Doesn't that straight 45 have to get angled again inside of the cabinet anyways to bring it directly to the p-trap?

Reach4

Reaction score
Sometimes it comes through the wall with a trap adapter right on the santee. The two cases you mention, with the santee off to the side, are not uncommon however.

Either the long sweep or 45 will work. It depends on where the tailpiece will be. 45 will be a little less likely to clog. 45 may let you go through one less stud. 45 may work with a shallower wall. 90 will save some space under the sink. I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks