Sink Drain Movement

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruben Hernandez

Reaction score
Need to move the sink drain a couple of inches to the left to accommodate a new vanity that is being installed.
EF218E00-427C-4E87-A1E4-700E818ED9D5.jpeg

At the moment both restrooms are connected via a double sanitary tee. In order to accomplish what I’m trying to do my plan is to stack two singular sanitary tees on top of one another. With one remaining at the same location and the other being rotated 90° and allow for the drain to be moved left through other fittings.

86376E80-DD7D-4ED7-8D69-341BAE31FECA.jpeg

This drain also serves an upstairs bathroom. Concerns I have at the moment is the installation of the stacked tees being tight and possible needing a few couplers to make it all work and line correctly.

I feel like I may be overlooking something very important. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In order to seperate the 2 back to back sink fixtures you will need to cut in a new drain below the existing. Replace the fixture cross with a san tee that serves the sink on the other side where it stubs out currently. Add a wye with a 45 deg ell pointing up where the new drain needs to line up and install a san tee at the height it needs to be. Continue the vent from the new fixture to a point 6" above the flood level of highest sink of the 2 being joined.

The vertical pipe on top of that fixture cross is only supposed to be a vent. Not a drain. Fixtures from the floor above should not drain down the vents of fixtures on the floor below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks