Single Vanity to Double Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Jack Crownover

Reaction score
I am installing a double vanity in place of my single. I have attached an actual photo as well as the design intent sketch above. The drain goes to the 2nd floor bath and I assume is vented however would you add a studor mini vent? Where would that need to be located? I was thinking between the two sinks but wanted advise.
upload_2021-4-20_15-14-21.png

Attachments

• Double Vanity.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 140

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're sure that sink is just tied into a drain? It's not vented if that's the case. Either the blue pipe is its vent, or there's a vent coming off before the drain. That assumes it was done correctly, of course.

If it IS vented, you can just run over, and add the 2nd sink. Sinks can share a common vent as long as nothing else is tied on there already.

Jack Crownover

Reaction score
You're sure that sink is just tied into a drain? It's not vented if that's the case. Either the blue pipe is its vent, or there's a vent coming off before the drain. That assumes it was done correctly, of course.

If it IS vented, you can just run over, and add the 2nd sink. Sinks can share a common vent as long as nothing else is tied on there already.

Thank you. It appears it is just the drain. Would you recommend an air admittance valve and where should that be placed/

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Then you can use an AAV between the first trap and where the second lav joins in. It could be in the first lav cabinet on the trap arm, they make tubular adapters for that. The first lav can wet vent the second lav.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks