Single to Dual Vanity plumbing advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Matthew Drechsler

Reaction score
Hello,

I am attempting to do a single to dual vanity conversion. I am no plumber but am pretty handy. Need some advice on how to properly plumb to meet codes and avoid any drainage issues.

Current plumbing line is centered so would so believe I need a "t" joint off the current drain/vent to plumb new lines. Is this the best approach?

Here is a pic of my current setup:
p0T3pa3va_jjkHKqxmSST0F5Rr287MS7CKLqJ3Wd1ETPmMUoucyXfNESxGXM6niqzfZcHcyQh_GA-wnuvuzyMlydSsjZLMvXa2c0liPbyWnUXnxjUZYDCPwzi26ZomMuC_gQcNaSHtM=w600-h315-p-k

ffR4fRDMnK2K8KDr8

Could I just do this?

xpSpdmThyCPQuQWG6
86f8b33ef2ad7c447687058a6ca92e3b.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
With a 2 inch drain line, yes.

With a 1.5 inch drain line, Terry suggests separate sanitary tees with separate vents.

Austin uses UPC.

Matthew Drechsler

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Reach4.

The drain line is 2 inch and the vent coming in is 1.5 inch. So it sounds like the above example would work. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks