Simplex control panel

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Kulig, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Kulig

Kulig New Member

hello.
    I wonder how to connect this simplex control panel to 1 phase pump
    115 v
    10.7 amp
    1/2 hp
    Do I need any disconnect panel or I can directly connect alarm and pump to tandem breaker homt2020 120/240v 20 amp?

Pump has a plug it’s not gonna be a problem to cut it and connect to a junction box ?

Thank for any help because I’m a electrical noob

Attached Files:

2. Kulig

Kulig New Member

Or 2 separate 15amp gfci breakers one for pump and second one for alarm?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You could make a better image of the instructions.

5. Kulig

Kulig New Member

6. Kulig

Kulig New Member

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I think the power in comes to the circuit breakers to the side with no internal wiring. Hot to both L1 and LA, neutral to both L2/N and N. I don't see terminal N in the photos. Could it be that you use terminal 3L2 for that???

I think the pump gets powered by the terminals on the contactor labeled 2T1 and 4T2. I am not sure if you would be allowed to run those wires to an outlet box to which you could plug in your pump, but I suspect you could. The 2T1 would connect to the brass screw on the outlet, and 4T2 to the silver screw. I am not an electrician, and I have no experience with such a box. I think that was the main part of your question.

The option for separate power would let the alarm work, even if the breaker in the breaker box that feeds the power to this were to open. I suspect that usually there is only the one power circuit run to this box.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019