Simplest way to vent bathroom group with upstream toilet IPC 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

beachatlast

Reaction score
Trying to vent my last bathroom to IPC code. I think I got it figured out, but figured if someone who knows better can steer me in the right direction, I am not having a main stack, just 3 2" stacks (1 for each bathroom and 1 for Kitchen / Laundry). Any tips appreciated (got hit by ian and having to do things on my own and trying to pass inspection 1.
bath2 final (2).jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You could run the sink drainage, perhaps horizontally thru the wall, to pass over the toilet drainage. The sink drainage joins the shower, wet venting the shower, and also the toilet. But what I think you are describing, dry vents for both sink and shower, is perfectly good.

beachatlast

Reaction score
You could run the sink drainage, perhaps horizontally thru the wall, to pass over the toilet drainage. The sink drainage joins the shower, wet venting the shower, and also the toilet. But what I think you are describing, dry vents for both sink and shower, is perfectly good.
I think I am going to run a wye into the other side of toilet drain and route it up the wall to the stack output for the shower so everything is just dry vented and should pass all codes.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks good as is, that said drawing isnt entirely clear , horrizontally wet venting the w/c with the shower is fine as long as the dry portion is installed vertically

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks