Should plumbing/heating company repair this under warranty?

Should the Plumbing company cover this under warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Partially

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Absaroka Joe

Reaction score
Is looking for a free handout at all times a requirement to live in Massachusetts?

Newtorepair

Reaction score
They put it in a year and a half ago. It is not correct. The insulation hid the leak. One thing for sure is that neither connection is plumb to the unit. So they brute-forced it in there, and now it's leaking. To a layman, that seems pretty obvious. In sum, they did a crap installation job and now they are disclaiming it.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and send them the photos. Usually, they try to mediate a settlement. If they will do it for $100, pay it and call it a day, but make sure they do the repair right. Also, find a highly-recommended local plumber and get an estimate from him over the phone (don't expect him to come and look on a job this small). If his price is reasonable, and you haven't heard from the original guys, bite the bullet and get it fixed right by a good company. Then do your thing on Yelp!, the BBB web site, etc. to the original company. Include as many ugly photos as the site will hold and a notation that this happend after a year and a half and they refused to fix it. They may not be legally-obligated to fix it, but assh---ish business practices are things that potential new customers should be aware of. Because many good guys who take pride in their work would fix it, and they deserve ALL the new business.

All of what I say above assumes that this isn't some old POS pipe that was there previously. That spigot to the right looks 18 months old; the rest of the pipe doesn't. Which may or may not be the result of sloppy work.

Thank you for the response, I think I will do just that. It is pretty difficult to find a highly recommended plumber I have found. Everyone I have asked only has horror stories.

I agree about new customers needing to know this is the type of work and service to expect. It's not about the money really, it's more about principle.

Newtorepair

Reaction score
That's not up to the contractor.

That's up to Lennox.

It would also be prudent to assume and EXPECT a working contractor to donate their busy time and supply paid parts for free.

Houses are monumentally costly things. If a homeowner can't afford $255, they surely shouldn't be spending $255K.

Of course I can afford $255, I could also afford $1,000, it doesn't mean I am just going to give it away. If you purchase a brand new car and it starts to fail 12 months down the road, are you just going to say, "oh ok" i'll just pay for everything myself, or are you going to utilize the warranty?

The company already was paid to install this properly. It's not like I am calling some random company and asking them to fix something that was installed by someone else.

This also tells me, if I use this company again, and they screw up the job, they will ask me to pay them again to fix their mistake. That's really the bigger message they are sending.

Newtorepair

Reaction score
My feeling is.....

If it's been leaking since day one then the original owner should have called the installer back to make the repairs. That said, what better way for the installer to make a new customer than to repair it at a reduced cost?

Well, part of what this company told me was that even if I was the original purchaser, they would not repair this.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, part of what this company told me was that even if I was the original purchaser, they would not repair this.

If you were told this by the installer, why don't you close this discussion and move on?
You certainly are not getting any closer to a solution or a compromise with this installer.
Maybe there was something between the installer and the previous owner that you don't know about? No installer, who just got a 10K contract acts like this, unless SOMETHING HAPPENED, SAID OR AGREED between the two parties, that you are unaware of.

If it were me, I'd move on.

Newtorepair

Reaction score
If you were told this by the installer, why don't you close this discussion and move on?
You certainly are not getting any closer to a solution or a compromise with this installer.
Maybe there was something between the installer and the previous owner that you don't know about? No installer, who just got a 10K contract acts like this, unless SOMETHING HAPPENED, SAID OR AGREED between the two parties, that you are unaware of.

If it were me, I'd move on.

The reason I posted here was to get some opinions on whether or not this company was acting reasonably, before I post some type of negative reviews on yelp/bbb. I appreciate the feedback given, and will move on. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks