short cycling sump pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

jrprusak

Reaction score
Our sump pumps started to cycle on for 5 seconds every few hours. It is a water-assisted type pump that operates by city water. There is no water coming into the basin. Why would it keep cycling every few hours? Brand is a BasePump. Thank you

jrprusak

Reaction score
Don't know what model u have just wonder if the float water line valve is leaking through activating the valve.
I do not understand what you said., I am new to the sump pump in the home we bought. Never was an issue for the first year since we were here. I had a plumber come out yesterday but he has never seen a water-assist system. I have another coming today and advised them if they have no experience, no pay. Thank you John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks