Sherwin Williams or Ben Moore

Users who are viewing this thread

weather777

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with interior and exterior Sherwin Williams Duration paint vs. Benjamin Moore Aura paint ?

Thank you

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just had the exterior of our home painted with Duration, too soon to give a report on but it goes on and covers nicely. Also, about to use in in our livingroom.

I selected it based on our experience with SW paints and their reputation. We use SW paints at our plant, and have always had good results.

Have not used BM paints for years, but they always had a good reputation. I have also had good results with MAB Seashore exterior paint.

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've use the aura on interior trim, white only, with good results. Definatley better than the big box BEHR I started out with. Took a little getting used to as it dries really fast. I went with it for the low VOC formulation; made the missus happy.

FWIW, my carpenter buddy swears by Sherwin Williams.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think both are quality products. I usually use BM, but that's mostly because of the advice a very good friend who used to do professional paint, gave me.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I have first hand experience with Duration and it is awesome.

I repainted our aluminum siding with this stuff. They insisted that NO PRIMING is necessary. They were correct. Covered with one coat (painted gray over existing beige) and that was eight years ago.

It still looks freshly painted ... no chips, flakes, blisters, etc. I still can't believe how easy this paint made my project.:D

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
Ive used both Duration and Aura.

I like Aura better because it seems thicker, so it splatters less. I think a lot of the BM paint is thicker than the equivalent SW paint.........only problem with Aura being the price (but if its a small room its not too big a deal)

Now BM has a store 1/4 mile from my house, so they win hands down :)

-Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks