sewer smell when bathing???

Users who are viewing this thread

shinchan

Reaction score
I've got a problem with my bathroom... When I start taking a shower, a sewer smell start to come out from the drain, but it doesnt smell when I dont take a shower... Does anyone have any idea what would be the cause of this problem, and is there any solution for it??? Thanks. :)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I am going to guess that you are on a well, not municipal water? Yes, No

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Try pouring a quart of bleach down the drain B4 you go to bed and then in the AM take a shower. Then see if you have the smell that morning or the next day.

How old is your house?

Is the shower tile or plastic?

Do you have a Basement, slab or crawl space?

Last edited:

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
smell

Are you sure that the hot water doesn't smell at all of the fixtures?

shinchan

Reaction score
my house is about 10yr old, shower is tiled, and have a crawl space to the best of my knowledge.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pull the grid off the shower drain .Clean all the way down to the trap with a brush and bleach . Could be that last piece of stand pipe between the trap and the drain has lots of funk in it . The hot water gets it stirred up and smelling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks