Sewer Lining

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Matticus, May 12, 2021.

1. Matticus

Matticus New Member

Hey dudes,

Is there anyone else on here who installs liners/CIPP? I didn't see a thread for it but am curious if there are fellow madmen:mad: on this site. If you guys have any questions for me about lining, let me know.

- Matt

https://www.pipeninja.com/

2. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Nope, we hire that out.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Matticus

Matticus New Member

Dang..

5. DIYorBust

DIYorBust Active Member

Someone I know has a sink that's been out of commission a few years now. It's waste is the original cast iron circa 1910. There's a leak somewhere between the trap and the stack, but the finishes would be very difficult to remove for access. Is there any way to repair the leak using liner techniques? Even if it didn't last forever, I think the owners would be very happy.

Thanks,

DIYorBust

Matticus likes this.
  6. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

No Matticus, Ive never been involved in liners. but good to hear input to that aspect of the trade. As tuttles said about hiring out. At least in my area Southern California many contractors sub it out to a specialty company that does the work and all the plumber needs do is mark up the price to customer. Some of the Companys that do the lining mention unmarked vehicles and uniforms assuring that the plumber is thier customer. Ive seen Advertizements at supply house and trade show for companys specializing in Lining.
    The process, results and buisness is interesting to I would think us all even if we arent in that market.
    Thanks

Matticus likes this.
  7. Matticus

Matticus New Member

You might be able to use a coating method to seal up cracks, but this doesn't sound like a good fit for lining because of the tight trap.