Sewer gas smell advice / newer Reno / new smell

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
You have the wrong guy buddy.
How so? You said it was not plumbed correctly. You could be right, but that would depend on what is behind the wall, don't you think? Gary would be the one who knows what is behind the wall.

I had presumed changes were made before the new drywall was put up.

Last edited:

Skoronesa

Reaction score
How so? You said it was not plumbed correctly. You could be right, but that would depend on what is behind the wall, don't you think? Gary would be the one who knows what is behind the wall.

I had presumed changes were made before the new drywall was put up.

I saw two pictures and they both showed the plumbing wrong. You asked me what I did for work and I didnt do any of the work so I assumed you had the wrong guy. You also called me gary.

If you were being sarcastic it didn't come through in text form.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Shouldn’t of that AAV I installed cured the venting problem? Or is the problem with the pipe routing after it? Just asking ?
Thanks

Gary Im assuming that picture in post 3 is what is behind the sheet rock and cabinet install. aav cured the vent problem at one lav but it didnt fix the other lav. verify there are no slow drains as well

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
No one thinks it’s the overflows built into the lavatories ?

You guys think it could be a possibility ?

I’d pour some bleach down tho’s overflows bros.

Judging by the picture in post 3 I think the plumbing should be corrected . but having other problem possible im guessing those too are a year old the one aav made smell go away on one of the lavs.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
For the 2 minutes it would take I think it’s worth a shot.....

but sure venting the lavatories needs to be done regardless. Venting one lavatory when you have two side by side would be like washing one hand.

Best ever, yea its just a maintenance thing good Idea.

Reach4

Reaction score
I saw two pictures and they both showed the plumbing wrong. You asked me what I did for work and I didnt do any of the work so I assumed you had the wrong guy. You also called me gary.
I first asked if you were pretty sure the plumbing was still wrong. I am not so sure the odor is because of a dry trap. It could be pressure driving smells through a full trap. It could be coming out of something other than a drain. There could be a hole in a pipe under the floor.

Then I asked Gary, the original poster on the thread, how things had changed in the wall, if at all.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks