Service stops on Kohler K-11748-KS valve - do they stop before coming all the way out?

Users who are viewing this thread

SD Canuck

Reaction score
Hi, I installed a Kohler K-11748-KS valve for my bathtub during a recent remodel. I had the service stops closed until the freestanding tub was installed (after the wall was tiled). I can reach the stops to open them, and I've opened them a bunch of turns so that the water flows, but I'd like to make sure I've got them all the way open. My fear is that I'll start unscrewing the stops and they'll just keep turning until they fall out - inside the wall.

Can someone confirm for me that my fears are unfounded, and that I can turn the screws all the way open and they will stop before coming totally out?

Thanks!

SD Canuck

Reaction score
So.... to follow up. I turned the stops until they stopped turning - about 4 1/2 turns. No disastrous screws falling into the wall :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks