Septic connection

Users who are viewing this thread

srob

Reaction score
I having a new home built and will be installing the septic tank myself. When the basement walls were poured last week, the contractor placed a piece of sdr-35 sewer pipe in between the forms. My question is how do I connect my pipe coming from the septic tank to this. There is no hub or anything sticking out to glue to. Can I get that short peice of pipe out now that the concrete has hardened somehow? I have seen there are sleeves that can be put in the forms that allow you to shove pipes in from both sides and glue, but this is just a regular 4" peice of sdr-35. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
srob said:
I having a new home built and will be installing the septic tank myself. When the basement walls were poured last week, the contractor placed a piece of sdr-35 sewer pipe in between the forms. My question is how do I connect my pipe coming from the septic tank to this. There is no hub or anything sticking out to glue to. Can I get that short peice of pipe out now that the concrete has hardened somehow? I have seen there are sleeves that can be put in the forms that allow you to shove pipes in from both sides and glue, but this is just a regular 4" peice of sdr-35. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well...it should have been a 6" pipe through the slab as a sleeve...then the
4" would pass through it and be sealed water-tight.
You're supposed to leave 1" annular clearance for any piping that runs through the foundation to compensate for expansion/contraction.
You might want to ask your contractor.

srob

Reaction score
How is this usually made watertight between the 6" and the 4". Quickrete or something else?

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
NOT quickrete...that would defeat the purpose.
There are a variety of ways...one product called "Nova links" (if I recall)...but the best would probably be plain old silicone sealant, even tar...you need something that allows for expansion inside the concrete, outside the pipe, but is water tight.
Again, your contractor should have sleeved it with 6".

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
leejosepho said:
Your best bet would be to find a company with a coring machine to come drill a larger hole in that wall ... and you might try backcharging the company that poured the walls.

yup, but he should call the contractor first...contractor could say he wasn't given the option of rectifying it first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks