Securing sump pump pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Tipsy

Reaction score
I have a sump pit that is 24" away from any wall. And the pipe from the pump goes straight up to the ceiling. What's the best way to secure this pipe that's just standing there 2 feet away from a wall? Should I angle the pipe over to the wall and then run straight up and back or is there some form of 2' long bracket that I can attach to the wall to use?
Sorry, no pics at the moment. It's at my Aunt's house and I'm not there.
Thanks!
Jeff

Reach4

Reaction score
Also think about how you would pull that pump to replace it.

A riser clamp could grab the pipe up high, and you would support that riser clamp somehow. Or run over to to the wall and the strut. A union could let you break the pipe on the horizontal to let you lift the pump out.

Tipsy

Reaction score
yes there is a check valve with Fernco couplings at about 2' up from the floor so support could begin above that and still leave pump removeable.
Never worked with unistrut before, I understand it's pretty simple and I was sure someone would suggest it but I wondered what else there might be. Or at least tell me, if I use unistrut, how do I attach to the pipe? 1-1/2" PVC.

Reach4

Reaction score

Martin Boring

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tipsy that's what I like about the unistrut system there is a lot of different pipe clamps 90 degree pieces so you can hook it to the wall with some anchor bolts. They also make pipe clamps with a rubber insert in them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks