Sanicompact 1-1/4 sink connection

Users who are viewing this thread

itsr-ent

Reaction score
Installing a Sanicompact, which has a 1-1/4 connection for a sink. I want to plumb the sink the typical way with a sanitary tee in the wall going up to an AAV. I was able to find a 1-1/4x1-1/4 trap adapter, but I don't think they make 1-1/4 sanitary tees. Any idea on the best way to do this to end up at 1-1/4" at the Sanicompact?

Thanks!

itsr-ent

Reaction score
readily available no problem
1-1/4 sanitary tee you mean? I couldn't find them at Lowes, HomeDepot, my local plumbing supply house, or supplyhouse.com. I did another search and it seems like Ace Hardware might have them...that's weird. I guess my answer is tracking one of those down. I'll have to use a 1-1/2" AAV, but I guess that should be fine with a 1-1/4 bushing.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess contact manufacture if there is a way to modify the unit to 1 1/2" that is withen the aprooved useage

itsr-ent

Reaction score
I guess contact manufacture if there is a way to modify the unit to 1 1/2" that is withen the aprooved useage
I did that and Saniflo confirmed the inlet is 1-1/4" and that's what they recommend. They're not the best as far as instructions or installation assistance goes...but I don't know of any equivalents to the Sanicompact (self contained, forced main, no venting required). The only thing I can think of is a PVC 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 eccentric reducer used "backwards". While certainly not the correct usage by any means, that would adapt to 1-1/2" without a "lip" to catch anything (like would happen if you went from smaller to larger using a bushing). Something like this: https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/1...eccentric-reducer-coupling-soc-429-212fe.html

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
will it work yes will it be right no . you asked about 1 1/4 and I dont know why you have decided not to plumb it per code and saniflo

itsr-ent

Reaction score
will it work yes will it be right no . you asked about 1 1/4 and I dont know why you have decided not to plumb it per code and saniflo
No worries, I am using 1-1/4 (except the AAV for the sink, which I don't see as an issue at 42" flood rim height being adapted to the 1-1/2 AAV). Someone above mentioned adapting to 1-1/2 so I was just throwing that out there as another option I had considered.

Thanks for the help all -- it seems that everything I need in 1-1/4 is available, just hard to find. Ace Hardware seems to carry most if it, even though my local plumbing suppliers do not!

Reach4

Reaction score
I think using 1-1/4 fittings at the wall would have no advantage vs 1-1/2. IMO, a 1-1/4 santee would be odd.

itsr-ent

Reaction score
I think using 1-1/4 fittings at the wall would have no advantage vs 1-1/2. IMO, a 1-1/4 santee would be odd.
So you would use a 1-1/2 tee and then adapt to 1-1/4 coming out of it with what? A 1-1/2x1-1/4 bushing?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. It is common to use a 1-1/2 santee with a 1-1/2 trap adapter. Then use a reducing washer to connect the 1-1/4 inch trap.

itsr-ent

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. It is common to use a 1-1/2 santee with a 1-1/2 trap adapter. Then use a reducing washer to connect the 1-1/4 inch trap.
Yup, I understand that. The trap isn't the issue though. The Sanicompact only accepts a 1-1/4 discharge from a sink, so the whole line from the 1-1/4" trap to the Sanicompact needs to be 1-1/4 vs. your typical 1-1/2 for a bathroom sink. Thus the need for a 1-1/4 tee (which I didn't know was available), trap adapter (1-1/4x1-1/4), other fittings like 90's, etc.

I'm not sure why they didn't make the sink discharge connection a 1-1/2 on the Sanicompact like they have on their other macerating pumps (the others are actually 2" as they can accept a shower too). Making it 1-1/2 would have made a lot more sense.

Reach4

Reaction score
Got it. Ignore my comments, and continue with your original plan.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree its odd to have a 1 1/4 drain to the saniflo I wont guess why they made it this way but you could ask them let us know what they tell you . looks like you kn ow how to plumb it now

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks