Salty water and led fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Rman

Master mechanic
Reaction score
I completed my house build four years ago. I plumbed with pex pipe and s/s cinch rings. I noticed that a lot of things water related were rustling prematurely. I then had a very extensive water well testing done and my salt in the water was 200x allowed values. 870 mg /Lt. I m four miles from the town salt shed. I had a new well drilled and cased to 325 feet. Water now is great. The town did nothing saying I could not prove my 75 foot original well was contaminated from their salt shed. Anyway many of my brass pex fittings started to show white crusty substance where the crimps are on the fittings. No leaks dripping but I am real concerned of the fittings in the walls to the first and second floor bathrooms. Am I ready for a replumb before they start to all leak and flood my house?! Btw the copper manifolds and ball valves are all ok. My first time doing a whole house with pex. Safe or sorry I’m not sure. Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If your old well water didn't taste salty the brass probably wasn't affected.

Sodium and Chloride are 'salty.' The concentration of salt in seawater (salinity) is about 35 parts per thousand, on average. Stated in another way, about 3.5 percent of the weight of seawater comes from the dissolved salts.

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=191279

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks