RU199i vs RU98iN

Users who are viewing this thread

turbosonly

Reaction score
The old gas tank heater gave out so I decided to go with a Rinnai tankless. I ordered the RU98iN because I am doing a self install, but the distributor sent me the RU199i instead. I read somewhere that the RU199i had to be installed by a licensed plumber. Can anyone confirm that?

One specific feature differentiation between the two is that the RU199i accepts a 1/2" pipe vs 3/4" (min) for the RUC98iN. I was told the 199 has something like a venturi pump that pulls in the required gas it needs? That would be a major benefit because the existing run from the 1" main line is only about 15' and I am getting a higher capacity meter installed. Although I know how to install black pipe, less pipe work is better anytime. Can anyone tell me what, if any, other differences there are?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks