Roman Tub Faucet rough-in kit connection to water supply

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to install a tub with a roman faucet. The faucet's rough-in kit has already been installed onto the tub deck of the tub and the hot and cold has been soldered. I've also roughed in the main supply lines.

When I install the tub, I'm going to have limited space to allow me to solder the copper connection between the main supply lines to the hot/cold of the faucets.

I watched one episode of holmes on homes and I swear I saw the plumber use a braided hose to connect the supply to the roman tub faucet.

The question I have is can I do that? I spoke to a plumber at Homedepot and they said copper is still the best. I will have access to that area in the future so I can always replace the braided hose every 10 yrs or so.

I went to Homedepot and all they had were hoses used for normal sink faucets. Understanding that sink faucets have a lower flow rate than roman tubs, do you know if I can just use those standard braided sink faucet hoses to connect to the roman tub faucets? Would this limit the flow that my faucet will get? Basically I'll have 1/2 inch copper to a 1/2 to 3/8 shutoff valve. Then use the standard 3/8 braided hose to the roman tub rough-in kit. I'll have to solder a threaded fitting onto the roughin kit copper line to allow the hose to connect to it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks