Riobel cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

bubbles

Reaction score
hello,
wondering if someone could suggest how to replace this Riobel cartridge. Shower is 10 years old - I can't find a cartridge that looks identical online - photo attached. For this style of cartridge is it common to use a generic similar fitting. I have looked on Riobel's website and resellers but not seeing the exact model. I can't see a part number either on the cartridge.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance
B

riobel cartridge.jpg
riobel.jpg

bubbles

Reaction score
thanks for reply - appreciated. The only place that I see a brand name is on the shower plate - no markings at all that I can see on the valve. The part you list seems identical visually except for the tightening nut part - on mine it's smooth. My local store sells a generic one which looks the same - any reason to not use that - see photo ? Thanks again.

KH-2 MP.jpg

Riobel never used a volume control like that . They only used 401-079 . Does it say Riobel on the shower valve ?

Fire in sky

Reaction score
The one you have in the picture is compression not ceramic . That unfortunately won't work .

You can check with riobel if maybe this is an older model what they can use or you use instead.

Last edited by a moderator: