Rinnai Tankless RC98HPi Venting using PVC vs concentric pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Greer

Reaction score
I have a Rinnai RC98HPi tankless water heater that was installed about 10 years ago. It is vented out the back wall using a horizontal termination pipe. I am installing a window just above the exhaust so I need to run the exhaust up through the roof instead.

Do I have to use the concentric pipe form Rinnai or can I use an adapter like Rinnai's Twin Pipe Adapter and then use two 3" PVC pipes? Maybe a third party vent through the roof using 3" PVC?

There is a standard 2x4 wall straight above the water heater that I need to run the pipes through and concentric pipe is too big so I'll have to make modifications to that wall. If I can use 3" PVC it will save me a tone a of work but I want to do it correctly - no shortcuts.

The manual for the Rinnai's Twin Pipe Adapter says it is only for the RU98 but I'm not sure if that's just because the RC98 is old or if it will work correctly with the RC98.

Any thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks