Rinnai RUR98i - Can I Swap The Temperature Controller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Temple

Reaction score
Hi,

We have the Rinnai RUR98i with a MC-195T controller.

It's difficult to take advantage of recirculation as we never know when we'll need hot water, and it's too expensive (we're in California) to leave circulation on 24 x 7, and so we just end with long waiting times / wasted of water.

I was thinking I could swap out the MC-195T and replace it with the wifi-enabled control-R controller, which would then hopefully mean we could activate circulation when needed in a simple way.

1.) Is Contorl-M compatible with my unit (RUR98i)?
2.) Am I thinking about this correct...does it seem like a reasonable idea?
3.) Is it simply a case of disconnecting the wires from the old controller to the new, or is it more complicated than that?

Thx!

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Grundfos makes a great recirc that collects data on daily/weekly usage times but also gives you the option of just leaving it on.

It's plug n' play with a temp sensor that just straps to the outlet side pipe & 120v plug/cord, I last installed one on a tankless, has built in check.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks