Users who are viewing this thread

CarterM

Reaction score
I bought a 11kWH Wen Generator and my uncle who is an electrician wired up a connect from the outside of my house into the panel using an interlock switch.

I tested the generator last night and it powers what I need it to. Some lights, refrigerator, well pump and almost the water heater.

The problem I have is when I use the generator to power the heater it gives a BL05 error.
“Blocking 05: Outdoor sensor contact open (outdoor sensor not connected). This code will not prevent the boiler from operating; it will however be displayed until an outdoor sensor has been reconnected to the boiler or a resistor has been placed in the outdoor sensor terminals.”

I’ve tested in 3 or so times on generator power and then back to main power. It works fine on main power but will not fire on generator power. (Even though it says it will still work fine).

What could be causing this? Bad grounding? Something else?

Thank you ahead of time for the help!

CarterM

Reaction score
so I figured out the problem. It was not a BL05 error. The display does not work correctly and it looked like 05 but it was BL86, “Incoming power is inadequate (this can happen if a generator is not producing 60 Hz)”.

After testing the output on the generator, it was running at 62.8 Hz. I played with the governor and brought it down to 60.3 Hz, a little over 1800 RPM. It now works fine!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks