Rheem econsense 18 5 gpm question newbie here

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Carter

Reaction score
I picked up one of these for cheap and I found out why when I installed it. when I turned it on the red lights would barely come on and the water would be barely warm, but when you pushed the the temp button, the red lights would become bright and the water would get very hot at the tap and as long as you pushed the temp button the water would stay hot, but if you let go, the water would stop being hot. I determined that the temp thingy is bad, can that be replaced by itself or do I have to replace the whole board? I thank you guys in advance for any advice you might give me. thanks Robert Carter.

Justin B. Williams

Reaction score
Temp thingy what exactly do you mean? there are alot of temp thingys inside of one of these units .. and i belive that most of the input / output temp sensors are replaceable separate from the mainboard of the unit. but i dont have alot of experence with rheem units .. i take it you didnt get it (new) or was this a online retailer? or with a warrenty ..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks