Reverse Osmosis: Are Permeate or Booster pumps worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Beets

Reaction score
I'm on well water, so 35 to 60 psi.

I was curious if it is it is worth it to add permeate or booster pump to my RO system? I can read the reviews on websites and it seems like people like these products. I'm curious which gizmo is the best for each situation? Are there other gizmos I should look at adding to my RO system? I've heard of ones that pump the brine back into hot water tank.

Are there some RO systems that are known to be a lot less operating cost as compared to other RO systems? The weak point in my system is plugging the carbon filter.....

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Each pump has a different function. Can you set your well to 50/70, this would eliminate the need for either type of pump. There are many good RO's and a ton of junk ones on the market.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks