RESOLVED Dilemma - sprayer-leak risk vs. swivel-spray pot-clearance risk

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Minni, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Minni

Minni Member

This Q also addresses TuttlesRevenge based on my previous "Why" posting.

Hi, hopefully someone with faucet experience can assess these pics. and answer. I'm undecided between Moen & Delta, though vaccillating toward Moen as i've not had luck with Delta's products or personnel. I even have a painful bump on the rear-crown of my head compliments of peerless. It will be a miracle if it heals.

I'm considering the Moen Adler 87046 faucet https://embed.widencdn.net/img/moen/wpvikqg9hf/514x514px/87046.tif.jpg?q=90
    as compared to this Delta B2310LF https://media.deltafaucet.com/elvis/OnWhite/md/B2310LF-B1.png

In my comparison, I'm trying to determine:
    (1) whether to cap off the Moen sprayer and instead use a Swivel Aerator to clean sink bowls, or
    (2) use its sprayer but risk sprayer leaks - though this Moen i believe is more solidly built

The problem with item #1 - is that it's low arc - as is the Delta.
    So that leads to item #3 which is:

(3) If i unscrew the Aerators of either the Delta B2310LF
    ......or the Moen 87046
    ........then screw on Waternymph or Bubble-stream aerator
    ...........will the Delta?? or Moen?? be the winner at giving better clearance for tall-pots?
    ...............because even 1/8 inch can make a difference sometimes.

Tangent: Delta & Moen designers were so silly. Didn't they realize that if the latter models were only, say. an inch higher clearance, more people would have latched onto them? I mean, how difficult was it for their designers to make them Medium-low arc versus low-arc or high-arc? The reason for alot of the horribleness of this world is because the science-minded and [EDIT compliments of Reach4] art-oriented people don't ask the practical-minded people for their feedback. Rather they jump right in with their ridiculous plans and create grief for the myriads.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Now I thought it was because designers are sometimes art-oriented more than function-oriented.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

5. Minni

Minni Member

That's not my budget (i thought i posted that, but it seems to have disappeared). I ordered Moen, so:
    RESOLVED