Replacing obsolete Laing UCT 909 Recirc pump

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by mnschu, Apr 24, 2021.

1. mnschu

mnschu New Member

I am looking for advice on replacing a Laing UCT 909 recirc pump used with a tankless water heater.
    Specs here: https://documentlibrary.xylemapplie...37.796466221.1619321512-1842542238.1619321512

Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/laing-uct-909-tankless-ultacirc-recirc/dp/b001289v22

It has the following problems:
    • If the pump is not running, hot water only works at the closest outlet. All other outlets have cold or lukewarm water
      • Believe the check valve is bad
    • The temperature sensor does not seem to work, the pump always run even when hot water is present and the pipes are hot
    • This pump has a timer, and I can only get hot water when the timer turns on the pump, then the pump will run continuously, even when water gets hot
      • So I really need to run the pump at all possible times
    • A few years back one of the impellers broke. I opened it up and removed the broken pieces, so it has been running at lower efficiency ever since
    I would like to replace this pump as it seems it is coming to the end of its life.
    However, it is obsolete and no longer manufactured.

Can someone recommend a replacement pump that would be an easy retrofit?
    Thanks,

2. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. lifespeed

lifespeed Member

5. David Zeidman

David Zeidman New Member

Hi, I have 2 Laing UTC-909 brand new in stock. I am local in Belmont.