Replacing air over water tank with bladder or diaphram tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

durtydawg

Reaction score
I have a 42 gallon air over water tank that has several holes in it and it needs replacing.I called the company that installed it and the receptionist told me that i have to buy tank from them cause noone else sells them and no other type of tank will work with my submerged pump.Really dont want to use them and would prefer cheaper alternative.Can i replace my air over water tank with a bladder or diaphram tank.
Thanks in advance.
Shawn A.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It all depends on how the air is maintained in the tank. If it has a snifter/bleeder/check air maker, they you might have to pull the pump to remove the bleeder or else without an AVC, the air is likely to spit out of the faucets and knock a water glass out of your hand.

Keep in mind that air-over-water tanks are often used to solve a stinky water problem and the alternatives could cost more.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you do not have sulfur in the water switching from an air over water to a diaphragm style tank is a good idea. If you have sulfur the water will smell like rotten eggs if you switch to a diaphragm tank. In that case galvanized tanks are still available from someone like this. https://quicktanks.com/

Sub Well with PK1A.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks