Replacement for the burnt out Taco 007-F5-1IFC circulator

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by lmei007, Feb 25, 2021.

1. lmei007

lmei007 Member

I have a hot water heating system. Its main circulator, Taco 007-F5-1IFC was burnt out this evening due to the flange leakage. The circulators for the individual zone are Taco 007-F5-7IFC. I have a spare new 007-F5-7IFC circulator sitting in a box. I am wondering if I can use the 7IFC to replace the 1IFC? I am worried about the capacity difference between the 7IFC and 1IFC. I think the main circulator should have a bigger capacity than these branches/zone circulator, am I right? I cannot find 1IFC specs online. It seems the 1IFC is not popular anymore.

2. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Double check number on the pump that failed can't find any info on it

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. SShaw

SShaw Member

Those Taco circulators have a replaceable cartridge that contains all the moving parts. You can easily rebuild the circulator by dropping in a new cartridge. The cartridge part number is 007-042RP for the 007-F5-1IFC.

https://www.tacocomfort.com/documents/FileLibrary/104-110.pdf

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
  6. Dana

Dana In the trades

In most cases unless your electricity is 2 cents/kwh (not likely) replacing or fixing any Taco-007 with anything other than the high efficiency -007e (ECM drive) or similar high efficiency pump from other vendors would be a better investment in time & money, even if the non-ECM drive -007 or repair cartridge were free.

If by "main circulator" you're talking about the primary loop (boiler loop), the pumping head & volume required of the pump can be either higher or lower than the secondary (radiation) loops, depending on the system design & boiler type. If it's been working fine, replace it with a comparable pump, or a smart pump if you're the sort of person who likes to tweak the last 1% of efficiency out of it.