Replace Rough in Valve's

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am finally finishing a Master suite that was started about 10 years ago. I have Grohe rough in Valves (1 Thermostatic - 3 Volume controls) These were plumbed in and tested. My questions is should I replace them at this point now that I am finishing, or are they ok. Am I looking at any damage from having the water just sit behind the valve all these years?

(Not sure if I should have tagged this onto my other question about my steam shower project or not - Feel free to have me delete or merge if possible. Thanks)

Thanks folks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you sweat copper pipe in the area of those valves it could be that the flux has been sitting in there stagnant for years and ruining the rough valve body.

Can you turn the water off and look inside of them? That should tell you the condition and you'll know whether they need replaced or not.

Reaction score
Hi again guys, I have been looking for a replacement rough in valve given the age of the existing one, but I cannot find a thermostatic valve with 3 outlets to 3 volume controls for a Rain head/Shower head and handheld.

I did Find one new Grohe, but the trim style associated is not what we want.

Am I looking at this wrong? Do I control the various shower heads from a 3-way volume control? or double up 2 shower outlets. ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks