Reme Halo install help

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan26

Reaction score
File_000.jpeg
Instructions for installing reme halo air scrubber state to install after air handling unit on supply side. i have a package unit. There are about 6 ft of soft supply duct from outside wall (feels like coil supply duct - outlined blue area in pix) before it gets to semi rigid supply duct (marked as plenum in green). I can't install the reme halo in the blue area as it is a soft supply line but there are about 10 inches of rigid plenum supply duct available for install of the reme halo (marked with the red x) before it starts supplying rooms. Is the location marked with the red x good to install the reme halo? another option would be to cut about 2 ft of the flexible ducting and replace it with rigid duct work right before the area marked as green so that the reme halo is not installed right next to where the rooms have a supply connection.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I assume with your statement of "package unit" that the compressor and air handler is one unit outside the home and only the ductwork is fed into the home. I would go with as much rigid ductwork as possible. http://www.homedepot.com/p/24-in-x-24-in-x-24-in-Duct-Board-Plenum-Kit-R6-0-4DPK24X24X24/100144526. It will allow a flat surface for mounting the unit.

Reason for the air scrubber? If you have a sick house syndrome or someone with asthma be sure to check the coils and drain pan. If they were never cleaned I guarantee that there is mold inside the unit. Another solution after cleaning is to install a UV light inside the air handler. Google UV for air handlers and there are many out there. These are more common since they are easy to install. Generally you put one under the A coil.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks