Refrigerator water dispenser

Users who are viewing this thread

MPGI

Reaction score
Please forgive if this is not the appropriate forum to ask this question. I have a water dispenser issue with a Frigidaire and need some technical assistance please.

MPGI

Reaction score
This is a good forum for that.
What's your issue?
Great! Facts:
- A Frigidaire Gallery, 18 months old.
- Suddenly developed a water dispenser flow issue.
- History is about every three-months, the refrigerator indicates the filter needs replacement.
- Usage of water dispenser is normal. No large family visits or extreme use.
- In early April 2021, the water flow slowly diminished after only two months of a new filter usage.
- On 15 April 2021, the flow diminished to a trickle. The 'change filter' light did not come on.
- New filter installed that day and water flow returned to normal.
- End of May and early June 2021, the water flow again diminished to a trickle.
- During this time of trouble, the ice maker works like a charm. No problem with crushed or cubed ice pouring out.
I am hesitant to replace the filter again because those things are so expensive.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-06-14-19-47-44.png Change filter lights work off of time not usage normally 6 months. Google your model and service manual for the time sequence. In owners manual should tell how to reset light. Should also be some cheaper alternatives on the web for filter replacement. Do you have a water valve like this feeding frig?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks