Reconnecting to Old Iron Offset Toilet Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

SJ01

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had to pull a toilet because it was leaking thru the floor below. What I found was a very much corroded offset flange. I am now trying to make a final determination on how re-secure the toilet while affirmatively preventing any future leaks.

I've cut away the garbage remnants of the old flange ring, but the offset flange pipe itself is solid, and very solidly attached to the soil pipe below. Because I don't think the old flange can be removed/replaced, and because all the remaining cast iron seems sound, I'm leaning towards a top-side repair. I'm thinking along the lines of: mortar-in the void area, then screw down some sort of new flange ring into the mortar, over the current hole.

Does that seems sensible? If not, what would be a better approach?
If so, what parts should I use and/or how can I seal between the toilet and the new ring, and between the new ring and the flange pipe to ensure no leaking?

I'm hoping to fix it once, basically forever (or at least for a very long time!).

I'd welcome opinions and advice. Pictures attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2143.JPG
    IMG_2143.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 222
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks