Ready to order. Need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobbyg123

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks to the input on this board, I've decided on the hardware for my kitchen update but I need to verify the correct hole cut-outs for the sink. Here's what I'm ordering and what we want to accomplish:

Kohler K-6626 Cast Iron Double Bowl Smart Divide Sink
Delta 989-SD Allora Pull Down Faucet (Chrome)

The Delta faucet comes with a soap dispenser (it can be used as a 2 or 3 hole) installation. The Kohler sink can be ordered in the following configurations:

3 holes
3 holes + 1 accessory hole (far right)
1 hole + 2 accessory holes
2 holes + 1 accessory

Our goal is to have an insta-hot dispenser installed AND a soap dispenser. This shouldn't be a problem since the Delta is a single handle, single hole installation. The reason I'm confused has to do with my previous meeting with our plumber. I probably misunderstood him, but I thought he said that you can't have 2 accessories side by side with the faucet or things get crowded. If that's the case, should I just order the sink with 2 holes + once accessory? Ideally it would be kind of cool to have the 3 hole + one accessory configuration because we would have the option of having our faucet, hand soap dispenser, dish soap dispenser (or sanitizer), and the insta-hot.

I'm totally lost as far as what I should order. I would hate to have an extra hole in sink that goes unused because it got too cluttered underneath.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Your plumber is right -- things do get cluttered underneath -- but that's why you pay him the big bucks. If he's any good, he'll make it work. You can't have too many holes.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
you cant have too many holes

I would go with either a 4 hole or 5 hole sink

with a cast iron sink it is better to get
one with an extra hole or two in it for anything
you might decide to install later....

its bad on a cast sink to try to drill one later cause the
enamel has a tendencey to chip and hair line cracks can reslut....

what if....your wife does not like the faucet 3 years from
now and she wants to go back to a traditional one??

what if she wants a RO unit some day....

what if she wants a soap dispencer???

the extra holes can just be capped off with a common chrome plug

but then what if your wife dont like the way the chrome plug will look on the sink???

son ....you got some big decisoins to make here...

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
holes

My sink has 6 holes and right now I am using all of them. There is no problem installing the accessories on either side of the faucet or all on one side. Decide the order that you want them to fit and buy the sink with the holes to do it that way.

Bobbyg123

Reaction score
son ....you got some big decisoins to make here...

The ironic thing is that my wife is normally in the middle of these decisions, but with our 2-year old twin (walking cyclones) boys, she's relying on me. Thanks for the tips. I can't see anything wrong with a chrome plug if that's the worst possible scenario.

Great info.

mystreba

Reaction score
Lord, I have 8 year-old twin boys. It does get better, but I wouldn't go back to where you are for all the money in the free world!

However, the holes don't get better. Get as many as you can, in my experience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks