Rain Cad version 6

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Tony, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Tony

Tony New Member

Hey y'all, thanks for allowing me to join. Got a big favor to ask right off the bat. My office burned last year and I lost my Rain Cad software CD. I found most of my old as built drawings on a old hard drive but I can't find anything that will open them. They are .DW2 files. I have tried several CAD programs with no luck, I even asked Republic Software how I could open them since it was their software ( bought it in 1998,lol ) that was used to create them but still no luck. I am hoping to find some one that uses verson 6 or something close that would sell me the software or open my files and re save them as PDF. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Tony

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    20 year old software files may only be opened with old software running on Windows 7 or older. If you talk to Republic, asked them if their latest software will open this file types. Many software companies change the file structure and get to a point they will no longer support the old stuff.

Did you try this?
    https://filext.com/file-extension/WD2

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tony

Tony New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have taken files to a computer guy that tried the old windows to no avail. I am running Republics new software and it won't open them, I asked tech support and they led me to believe they could not. I even asked if I could send them the files to be converted to something that would open you then new software and he said no. I'll try the link you sent,,