Quick Fleck Riser Tube Question

Users who are viewing this thread

masch56

Reaction score
I am hoping one of the gurus on this board can provide a quick answer.

I am replacing the riser tube in my carbon filter and want to know if the bottom basket included on the Fleck 40677 riser tube assembly is the 40924. Also, I understand that this assembly is sized for a 54 inch tank. I’ll need to cut it to work on a 52 inch tank. I know it should be flush with top of the tank but is there a tolerance on that length (i.e. - +/- 1/4”, +/- 1/2”)? My system has a 5810 SXT valve.

Thanks.

Mark

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Best to just buy a good quality bottom screen and supply your own pipe. The 5810 can be set up with either 1.05" (3/4" PVC) or 1.32" (1" PVC) pipe. You need to confirm which you have. The 5810 can also be set up with 32mm, but this is rare.
upload_2021-3-18_12-12-48.png

masch56

Reaction score
That is my Plan B (rapidly moving to Plan A). I definitely have a 32mm riser along with the 32mm adapter in the 5810, but I’m having a difficult time finding a source for 32mm pipe/tube. Ideally, a Fleck 40924 with the correct length of riser tube. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks