Question: Connecting vents below flood height of highest fixture?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by noahchase1, Aug 3, 2020.

1. noahchase1

noahchase1 New Member

Non plumber here. My rough in failed inspection today because of this statement printed on the inspector's report:

Vents should be 6” above flood-level rim of fixture before offsetting horizontally. Vents shall rise to 6” above flood-level rim of fixture served before being connected to any other vent.

After doing some research, I understand the issue at hand, which is the vent is running horizontal and could possibly cause an issue in case of a clog. However, I cannot figure out a solution. This is a freestanding clawfoot tub with no walls within a few feet of the drain. So it's not like I can just extend the drain upward to vent. Can someone please explain a fix on how I can reroute the lines to make this code compliant? I'm in OKC. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/2irWmcJ

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I presume that wye is in the horizontal plane.

Stick a lavatory above that pipe above the ladder. Then you will have a proper wet vent, which can go horizontal. Insulate to prevent the lavatory plumbing from freezing.

If you need that to be a dry vent and putting a lavatory in won't work for you, I think there could be an alternative from somebody else.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement