PVC DWV rough-in advice (pictures)

Users who are viewing this thread

CheesecakeLover

Reaction score
I'm adding a bathroom in the basement, draining into ejector pit. The ejector pit is in a utility closet adjacent to where the new bathroom will be.

Attached I took a picture from 3 angles.

Venting: There will be two new 2" vent pipes going directly up through the roof. They are kept separate the entire way up and each penetrate the roof separately. They never tie together, and they never tie in with any other fixtures or other vent stacks in the house.
  • Vent #1: Dedicated vent for ejector pit. This vent is not shown in the photos.
  • Vent #2: Dedicated vent for this bathroom group. This is what you see in the photos, and will extend up.
Questions: I will have a chance to ask the construction official later this week, but I figured maybe these would be "no brainer" questions for some of you:
  1. Can I connect the standpipe vent to the lav vent at a 45-degree angle (orange lines) using an upside down wye as shown in the photos? If not, what fitting would be more appropriate to connect them?
  2. Can the sani-tee (circled in red) be used for the sink drain, or must I use the combo tee for this? The reason I would prefer the sani-tee (if permitted) is because it's more compact horizontally. We do not have the vanity yet and the more compact sani-tee will give us more flexibility in moving the lav rough-out a few inches left or right.
  3. Are those clean-out wyes located too close to the P-traps, or do they need to be higher?
Note: That 3-inch wye is just propping it up since it's not glued or supported yet.
IMG_5478.JPG IMG_5479.JPG IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5478.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber.
1. yes.
2. santee ok.
3. cleanouts ok.
4. You used more pipe and fittings than necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks